Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Home from the big Scrap ETC event. Wow. Major high from that! I can't even tell you how inspiring it is being around so many people that have one major thing in common, scrapbooking! We all become instant friends when we meet. We are all sentimental and love creating. It's so refreshing. I had so much fun with everyone in Atlanta.

My roommate and I got horrible colds or allergies. We were both snoring every night. I think we got a total of 12 hours of sleep in 3 days! Of course, we didn't try to go to sleep before 3am. We were up at 6am every morning! I can't say it was hard. It wasn't. It was so easy! I don't know if it's the organization of everyone, everyone doing what they were asked to do, or the fact that we had the perfect amount of volunteers for the amount of attendees.

I don't know how many people said this was a top-notch event. The best some had ever been to! I even had 2 people say it was in line with Creative Escape and CKU! Those are like the 2 events that everyone knows about and tries to get into! Wow. I just can't believe how perfect it was!!Align Center

We started planning another one at 7am Sunday morning. Brittney and I were driving the Metro truck home to Birmingham. I think we have the basics down and we set up a meeting with the place yesterday!! It's in the works! I can't wait to let the news out about it. It's very out of the box, but something so many people will be ready for!

I'm glad to be home. My family has really missed me. Not like, "mommy, I miss you", but things have gone undone and it's starting to reel out of control. I'm glad I can be home and get everything back under control. Thankfully, school's out in less than 3 weeks! Control will be by the pool!! That is the best babysitter for me! My kids live in the pool.

I don't know how I would have pulled off this successful event without all the people on my team. It's unreal how these girls have a passion for scrapbooking and want to be a part of something great. I'm so glad to have them all in my life and hope to be life long friends. A quick rundown of their names, they deserve that much! Lisa Tanner, Carol Snyder, Nubia Posey, Amy Nabors, Amy Steenwyk, Pat Bullard, Tina Lindsey, Gretchen McElveen, Virginia Tillery, and Brittney Smith. Thanks so much to all of you. I'm tearing up thinking about how blessed I am to have you all in my life. YOU are all incredible women! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad I missed it- I will try (baby permitting) to make it to the next one, fo' sure!

    I am honored that you added me to that list, although I don't think I really did anything to deserve that spot. :) I am so glad that it came off without a hitch! Congrats, girly!

    ReplyDelete