Monday, November 22, 2010

A little time on Talk of Alabama

I always enjoy going on Talk of Alabama. It's a morning show here in Birmingham, ABC 33/40. Nicole and I became friends when she married a friend from college. She moved here from Atlanta, Georgia. Her background is TV, which made for a perfect fit for a co-host of the Talk of Alabama show!
I've been on several times. I'm usually taking on crafts that I've made or doing a Spotted Zebra spot. Nicole text me this morning and asked if we could do a Show and Tell segment for the Thursday show. Well, the Spotted Zebra couldn't get anything together so quickly. I, on the other hand, had plenty of ideas! Since I've been working with Southern Accents, I have a good supply of things I've created with salvaged wood, old keys, and old windows! I thought it would be the perfect time to represent both of us!

You've seen a few of the things around this blog before......Do you remember these mixed media projects? The cross on the raw wood was from Southern Accents. It was a fabulous wood that I can't remember the name of now! One really cool thing about the wood is that it was taken from an old home that was being torn down. It was used as shelving to hold produce. You can see pencil marks that say tomatoes, vegetables, and other food words that are cut and I can't tell what they say. Some of the pieces have shelving paper stuck to the back...just another part of it's story!

I changed it up a bit for the Holidays! Christmas trees will be on the show kinda like this one....
Another post last Christmas was of these beauties! I love these trees. They are all unique. The salvaged wood used is from all different places. Some is trim, some bead board and some from shutters! All antique architectural wood.
Here is a little sneak peek of what you will see.......I have a few surprises up my sleeve....you will have to tune in on Thursday to see. I know, it's on at the same time as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade......really? Do you want to watch that? haha, it's a tradition for me.....guess I will dvr it! That way I can watch it anytime I want! I love that parade!!

No comments:

Post a Comment