Sunday, December 21, 2008

December Scripts Kit

This was one of my favorite kits to work with. I guess because I love everything Christmas! I made this cute countdown calendar from a frame I had. It's just a raw wood frame I found at Michaels. I covered it with one of the patterned papers in the kit. I add the little frames around each window to make them stand out a little more. The bird and tree were to make it look Christmasy! I love the Making Memories alphabet. It is so pretty and sparkly! The picture of John Connor is obviously an old one. It is one of my FAVORITES!!! He is just so innocent playing with Santa's glasses and grinning that adorable grin! I could kiss the photographer for getting this shot! The other Santa in this picture is one that my Mom gave me. We have had it for as many years as I can remember. It was always my most favorite thing to put out! I couldn't wait to find it packed carefully in it's box. It was always placed on the mantle. I truly think it is one of the most precious Christmas gifts she's ever given me. It just brings back those childhood memories!! Thanks Mom! I don't know if I've ever told you before.
This little layout is about one of the fiestiest 98 year olds I know! We were getting ready for Thanksgiving lunch and these pictures were being passed around. There were so many that I wanted to steal! They all have her personality captured! She has handwritten notes on several of them to her sweetheart while he was away at war. Such a sweet love story. She claimed to be embarrased, but you could see her heart smiling right through her eyes as she was remembering! Connor's Grandmother, Edith Farmer, is so precious to her whole family! We are so lucky to have been able to spend so many years with her! We pray that we will continue to have many, many more!
I made this card with a piece of cardstock, tulle, a die cut paper from Little Yellow Bicycle and those pretty Falala alphas from Making Memories! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday week!

No comments:

Post a Comment