Monday, November 5, 2012

Hansel and Gretel Bathroom Before and After

This is my bathroom. Well, this was my bathroom before I moved in. See that light bulb? Yeah, that's inside the shower. I do love this wood that is on parts of the walls. I probably could have used it if I could have found more to match. Don't worry, I saved it all! I'm thinking picture frames and Christmas trees! These pictures were taken while the previous owner lived here. 


I also need to say, this bathroom is SMALL! Only one person at a time in this baby! You can see in this photo there isn't wood on every wall. We have a little plumbing showing and cinder block wall action. I really wish you could see that lamp. It's a Diet Mtn. Dew can. I love Diet Mtn. Dew! I totally could have used that lamp somewhere! He took it. :(


I called my handy man, Charlie. He's my brother and favorite handy guy. He doesn't enjoy my projects, but he does a pretty good job!! We decided just to do 1x6's on all the walls. We went to Lowe's a million times. There ended up being a lot of space to cover! We took the wall all the way to the ceiling and covered the ceiling in the 1x6 wood, too. I chose to paint the wood with Moonlight White by Benjamin Moore. This color is EVERYWHERE in my house! 

I found some old baseboard at a architectural salvage place in Chattanooga, Architectural Exchange. It is a great blue color! We took the baseboards and cut them in half to use as shelves. I also found some tiny corbels at Southern Accents to use a brackets to hold them up! 

Next, I went to World Market and found baskets to hold all of my essentials! (You can see my hairdryer sticking out! ;) The mirrors are small and hanging just so you can see your face. There isn't room for big ones! 

I love the way that blue Ball jar just pulls a small amount of color in and matches my key hole perfectly! It's a simple amount of accessories and it seems to make the space feel a little bigger! 



A wider angle shot so you can see how it all looks together....I had to stand in the utility closet to get this shot!


This is a lot smaller than my last bathroom. I can live with it, though. It's small and cozy and hey, who needs to spend a lot of time in the bathroom? FYI, I put my makeup on in my closet.....I'll show you that later! It's my FAVE place at Hansel and Gretel!

9 comments:

  1. cute cute!! At least there is less to clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lucyloo, that is AWESOME. Love your new walls and you're right, the mason jar is beautiful there. Those corbels and shelves are amazing! I totally want to do this same thing above my toilet in my bathroom. Stealing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh it is SO SO pretty. I'm glad you rescued the wood too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so pretty - nice job Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the walls! What a lot of freakin' work, but it was tots worth it! I wish I had a handy brother...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bathroom makeover is pretty amazing! Can't believe it is the same room :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy, I love your bathroom makeover!! So cute! I have a tiny bathroom too, but now I'm used to it. A big bathroom is just wasted space & more to clean.

    Thanks for linking up!

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a change! I love the shelves. I have been looking at the shelves in my bathroom the last few days and wanting a change. I like all the baskets so I might just copy your idea.

    ReplyDelete